FAQ ~ PARENT PORTAL, INFINITE CAMPUS, DISTRICT TEXT MESSAGES....
- Log into Infinite Campus
- Go to Index>Census>My Data.
- On the Demographic tab click on Request Demographic Update button.
- At the top of the screen input Update Type “I am adding or correcting my information.”
- Scroll down to Personal Contact Information. Change and/or add your cell phone number. Make any other necessary changes.
- *Race/ethnicity is a required field for all staff if not already filled in.
- Click Save request at top of screen.
- Request will be approved by staff members.
- Go to the parent portal on Infinite Campus
- You must have a user ID and password. To create an account or if unsuccessful logging in: Contact your school office or send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org” (include student name/school)
- If a person DOES has a cell number in the SMS field of School Messenger but DID NOT receive the opt-in text, ask them to manually opt-in by texting “yes” to 68453. It is possible that their cell carrier may have blocked the original opt-in text.
- They should then receive the reply: “You are registered to receive aprox 3 msgs/mo. Txt STOP to quit, HELP for help.” If not, they should check with cell carrier to see if they are blocked.
- Text the word “yes” to 68453.
- You will know you were successful if you receive the following reply message: “You are registered to receive aprox 3 msgs/mo. Txt STOP to quit, HELP for help.”
Not necessarily. They still must opt-in. If they did not receive the opt-in message from the district, they should manually opt-in by texting “yes” to 68453. Allow 24 hours from the time the cell number information is updated in Infinite Campus before manually opting in.
It is possible that the cell carrier could have blocked this particular type of text message. Please check with your carrier.